For Part I:
1. Do you believe "Oobleck" is a solid or a liquid?
- Use your observations.
- What information did you gather from your experience with it that led to
2. Propose an explanation to the mechanics behind Oobleck's behavior. Try to use insight from your understanding of molecules in solids and liquids.
For Part II.
1. What did you notice when you placed a piece of dry ice into water?
2. What simple ratio did you find?
3. What does that simple ratio tell you about the difference in distances between molecules in solids and gases?
You only need to supply a paragraph or two for each Part to address these questions. It does not have to be a huge report - just try to make it clear and concise.
If you need to look at the activity again, it is available in the links section here: